Register now for the Fall Family History Event
2019 Michigan Genealogical Council’s Fall Family History Event, in partnership with the Archives of Michigan and the Library of Michigan, will be held Saturday, November 9, 2019 from 9 am to 4 pm, at the Michigan Library and Historical Center, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI.
Our speaker this year is Diahan Southard who will present four session on DNA. Ms. Southard has a degree in Microbiology, and she understands all things DNA. She worked for Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation and is the founder of “Your DNA Guide.” (https://www.yourdnaguide.com/)
You will learn a lot about DNA with Ms. Southard. Her programs are understandable, fun, and upbeat. You will leave the session feeling that you really do understand DNA.
The four sessions, which will be explored in a future blog post, are:
- Five Tips to Make Sense of Your DNA Testing
- Me and My 1,000+ 4th Cousins
- Organizing Your DNA Results
- Connecting Your DNA Matches
Other sessions offered at the Fall Family History Event are on Beginning Genealogy, Michiganology, and Poor Houses in Michigan.
Registration options are by mail, or online. All registration information can be found on Michigan Genealogical Council’s website mimgc.org. There are multiple options for registering.
- Early bird registration closes at 11:59 pm, October 31, 2019. The cost is $50, a savings of $10.
- Regular registration after October 31, and for walk in’s the day of, costs $60.
- A downloadable syllabus is included with all registrations and emailed to registrants prior to the event. An optional printed syllabus is available for an additional $5.
- Free admission for students up to age 23, with a valid student ID, presented at check in, is available. Students are charged the cost of lunch, if they wish to order one. Also, if they wish a printed syllabus, the cost is $5.
We hope to see you there.